Campus Curriculum Committee
The Campus Curriculum Committee (CCC):
- Is appointed by, and advisory to, the Provost in order to assist with Twin Cities all-campus curricular matters.
- Reviews newly-established courses, keeping in mind issues of overlap, possible duplication, and the appropriate disciplinary connections. The CCC provides final approval of these classes after approval by collegiate curriculum committees. The CCC also makes certain that the proposing college has fully consulted with other units.
- Works with colleges in mediating conflicts that arise over curriculum issues.
- Maintains strong communication with the Council for Liberal Education and Campus Writing Board.
- Helps to determine the impact of eliminating courses (on other degree programs).
- Discusses other issues as identified by SCEP, the Vice Provosts, and/or the Provost.
- Has broad representation from the University of Minnesota Twin Cities community. Representatives are selected by the College Deans.
- Does not take on curricular conflicts that arise within colleges (between departments with the college). It is expected that these will be handled by the college administration.