This site has been moved to a new location
You can visit the new site at provost.umn.edu
Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs and Provost Karen Hanson is the University of Minnesota’s chief academic officer, with responsibility for managing the colleges and academic units, and the policies and practices that affect the academic life of the university. These include:
- Faculty affairs, including promotion and tenure;
- Undergraduate and graduate education and student well-being;
- Interdisciplinary collaboration among the sciences, social sciences, arts, humanities, and professional schools; and
- The collegiate compact process, which determines academic investments.
- We condemn all acts of hate on our campus: A message sent by President Kaler, Provost Hanson and Vice President Albert to the Twin Cities campus community
- Classes on Support the U Day
- Pre-planning Open Forum on Liberal Education
- Pre-planning Group on Liberal Education
- Reaffirming Our Values, Rebuilding the Social Compact: Campus Forum Nov. 17, Noon
- Responding to Current Events: Message from Provost Hanson
- Strategic Planning Updates
Current Academic Focus Areas
- Strengthen the foundation of graduate and professional education.
- Enhance institutional mechanisms that encourage interdisciplinary teaching and research.
- Position eLearning activities to support teaching and learning.
- Continue attracting outstanding students and enhancing the undergraduate education experience.
- Advance a systemwide international strategy.
- Reveal and capitalize on the distinctive features of the University of Minnesota.
- Academic awards and recognition
- Academic program review
- Academic rankings
- Academic & Student Affairs Committee (Board of Regents)
- Academy of Distinguished Teachers
- Campus Curriculum Committee
- Campus Writing Board
- Compact planning
- Faculty development
- Faculty leaves and sabbaticals
- Guy Stanton Ford Lectureship Program
- Imagine Fund — arts, design, and humanities
- Interdisciplinary initiatives
- iTunes U
- New Faculty Orientation
- Orientation & First-Year Programs
- © 2013 Regents of the University of Minnesota. All rights reserved.
- The University of Minnesota is an equal opportunity educator and employer
- Last modified on March 15, 2017